Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Forgiveness


Life can sometimes hammer you. There can be lists of things that need to be done that wreak havoc on your life. You need to forgive yourself for setbacks and celebrate the progress. The last week and a half have been rough for me. We have had a print deadline that has caused me to be up for nearly 24 hrs a number of days in a row (meaning only naps). Everything has gone to the wayside in pursuit of this deadline.

The kids found a red crayon (thank God it is the new washable kind) and managed to color our entire white buffet, the kitchen floor, and parts of the walls. I felt like Cinderella on my hands and knees FINALLY able to clean late last night. That aside, the house is a DISASTER, I have not made it to the gym (oh the confession!) and I have eaten way too much to stay awake. Can you hear me beating myself up? It’s crazy not only in reality but in the words going on in my head.

Breathe.

Life goes on.

Time out for a little haiku

My hiney hurts me bad
Full is my belly, oh my, yes
Speak kindly to me

I feel better….sorta.

So all this chaos for what? My husband and I have taken a complete leap of faith and have put all our money, time, and heart into our new business. Talk about living on the edge. I am scared, I am stressed, I have faith. Instead of listening to all the “should’s” in my mind, how about I listen to all the people who have come up to us and said “this is a great idea, we so need that here in San Antonio” or how about all the amazing people that have no reason to help us but they do because they believe in what we are doing? Toes on the edge, holding my husband’s hand, my breath, and onto God.

No comments:

Post a Comment