Sunday, April 10, 2011

Be Still and Hear Your Heart Song

The world can be a crazy busy place. Pulling us in different directions with the infamous "should" syndrome. You should do this, you should do that, you need to do this, you need to do that.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Be quiet will ya?

Can you hear your heart song? Can you hear the melody of your life? Can you hear the direction it is drawing you in? If you can't then be even quieter. Be more still. Listen more not to the chaos outside, but to the peace inside. It can be hard I know.

Listen.

What is it saying? Where does your heart want to take you to that your mind is fighting?


I was putting the kids down for a nap after I had just confronted someone I was doing business with that (in a nutshell) was wanting me to work REALLY hard to grow her business and all the while I was only gonna see a small percentage of MY sales. Yeah that was not gonna work so I left. I came home to where my heart is. It sang to me! The most beautiful song. To be home. To be the teacher and care taker of my babies. Oh how my heart sang! Why do we drown out that beautiful song for the loud noise of SHOULD? Oh what has this world come to?

Can you imagine if even for a day we all did what made our heart sing? What would life be like? Listen to your heart, feel the rhythm and dance that song! Dance the song of your heart. What joy! What love! What beauty!

Go today and be still and find that song; then live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment