Sunday, April 3, 2011

Let it Rain


Speak Kindly was started as a way to remind ourselves that the words we speak should be of good use to our soul. I came across this quote that I thought it really exemplified the essence of my mission:

Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a (wo)man's growth without destroying (her) his roots.  ~Frank A. Clark
 
I have so often heard women criticize themselves to the point of destruction. Between the messages from the media and the messages from our own mind, women can be battling a war in their minds and in their hearts while “putting on a happy face”. No one is perfect, we can all agree on that. We all have room for improvement so long as that improvement is self generated and self nourishing. I urge you to really allow this quote to pour over your soul, let it wash away the bad, let it nourish your greatness. Breathe. Rest. Repeat.




No comments:

Post a Comment